Preload has an immediate opening for a Engineering Programmer in Louisville, KY.
The basic function of this position is to develop and maintain various software programs/applications including but not limited to Tank Design, Tilt-Up Design, Automated Drafting program, etc. Provide training and support to end user.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Utilize both engineering and programming knowledge to create Windows-based software that automates the design or analysis of various structures related to Prestressed Concrete Tanks including but not limited to:
- Temporary support structures.
- Tank components: Foundation, wall, dome, etc.
- Tank accessories.
- Develop programs to facilitate shop drawing and construction drawing production.
- Create various computer programs related to purchasing, budgeting, and estimating.
- Convert existing programs in different platforms and languages to the standard platform and language.
- Ensure proper documentation and maintain code repository for all programs developed.
- Provide company-wide training on program usage.
Education, Experience, and Training:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science. A focus in Structural Engineering is preferred.
- Proficient in programming language C#, Visual Basic, or C++.
- Familiar with Visual Studio and Microsoft.NET framework.
- Knowledge in Mathcad and AutoCAD preferred.
- Strong understanding of basic engineering principles.
Preload is the inventor of wire-wound prestressed concrete tanks. Since 1930, Preload has been the leader in the design and construction of wire-wound prestressed concrete tank structures for water storage, wastewater treatment and storage, thermal energy storage and industrial uses. The Preload Team is a group of enthusiastic and energetic individuals who are dedicated to the safe construction of the highest quality storage tanks which offer the lowest cost of ownership and greatest durability of any other product available. We offer our team members a competitive wage based on experience and qualifications as well as an excellent benefit package which includes medical insurance, a 401(k) plan, and other benefits.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Drug testing is required.
“Preload, LLC supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V”