Staff Structural Engineer
Preload has an immediate opening for a Staff Structural Engineer in Louisville, KY.
This position is part of a team tasked with the complete design of prestressed concrete tanks, accessories, and their related structures. The design opportunities that this team is responsible for include various unique structures using different construction materials such as concrete, steel, aluminum, timber, masonry, fiberglass, etc. It also involves communication and interaction with different departments within the company and with our clients to ensure the successful design and construction of our products. Being a Design-Build firm, Preload’s on-the-job training provides a valuable, direct working relationship with our Construction Division that cannot be replicated by a design-only firm.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze various structures using structural analysis software as well as classical methods.
- Review contract documents, plans, specifications, and geotechnical reports.
- Perform design calculations in Mathcad and prepare engineering sketches and details for: Tank components including but not limited to: foundation (pile, rock anchor, slab on grade); wall; dome; two-way column supported flat roof; baffle walls; accessories, and shoring, scaffolding, and formwork.
- Supporting Project Managers and Project Engineers on construction related issues: Provide engineering advice and perform analysis when construction issues arise and perform ocasional job site visits for inspections and meetings.
- Supporting Estimators with preliminary projects and bids.
- Contribute to developing company’s standard design sheets and details. Participate in Preload Engineering Department Lunch and Learns.
Education, Experience, and Training:
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in Structural Engineering
- Experience: 0-2 years
- Preferred Courses: Plates and Shells, Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design, Prestressed Concrete, Structural Dynamics, Geotechnical Engineering
- Proficiency in Mathcad, AutoCAD, and Structural Analysis Software/FEA Programs
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Current Engineering Intern (EI) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) preferred, and goal to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) within 5 years of date of hire
- Familiarity with design codes: ACI 318, ASCE 7, AISC Steel Manual, NDS for Wood Construction
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
Preload is the inventor of wire-wound prestressed concrete tanks. Since 1930, Preload has been the leader in the design and construction of wire-wound prestressed concrete tank structures for water storage, wastewater treatment and storage, thermal energy storage and industrial uses. The Preload Team is a group of enthusiastic and energetic individuals who are dedicated to the safe construction of the highest quality storage tanks which offer the lowest cost of ownership and greatest durability of any other product available. We offer our team members a competitive wage based on experience and qualifications as well as an excellent benefit package which includes medical insurance, a 401(k) plan, and other benefits.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Drug testing is required.
“Preload, LLC supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V”