Preload has an immediate opening for a Staff Engineer in Louisville, KY.
The basic function of the position is to be part of a team that analyzes and designs the roof, wall, floor and foundation of circular prestressed concrete tanks. The job includes translation of the structural design onto working drawings that are used by our field crews to construct the tanks. Initial training for the position will focus on checking the work of other engineers and visiting some job-sites to become thoroughly familiar with the tank details.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Utilize both engineering and programming knowledge to create Windows-based software that automates the design or analysis of various structures related to Prestressed Concrete Tanks including but not limited to:
- Analyze various structures using structural analysis software as well as utilizing classical methods.
- Review contract documents, plans, specifications, and geotechnical reports.
- Perform design calculations for structures in Mathcad and prepare engineering sketches and details for:
- Tank components including but not limited to: tank floor and wall foundation (pile, rock anchor, slab on grade); prestressed wall; dome roof; two-way column supported flat roof; baffle walls; etc.
- Tank accessories such as: hand rails; ladders; vents; safety cables; piping, etc.
- Shoring, scaffolding, and formwork
- Supporting Project Managers and Project Engineers on construction related issues:
- Provide engineering advice and perform analysis when construction issues arise
- Occasional job site visits for inspections, and meetings
- Review fabrication drawings for accessory components
- Supporting Estimators with preliminary projects and bids:
- Review contract documents, plans, specifications and geotechnical reports
- Review preliminary tank designs by estimating department
- Perform budget designs
- Contribute to developing company’s standard design sheets and details. Participate in Preload Engineering Department Lunch and Learns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Training:
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in Structural Engineering from an ABET/EAC Accredited Engineering program. A minor focus in Geotechnical Engineering is beneficial.
- Preferred Courses: Advanced Structural Analysis, Plates and Shells, Advanced Reinforced Concrete Design, Prestressed Concrete, Structural Dynamics, Advanced Steel Design, Geotechnical Engineering.
- Proficiency in Mathcad, AutoCAD, Excel, and Structural Analysis Software/FEA Programs
- current Engineering Intern (EI) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) preferred, and goal to obtain Professional Engineer (PE) within 5 years of date of hire
- Familiarity with design codes: ACI 318, ASCE 7, AISC Steel Manual, NDS for Wood Construction
Preload is the inventor of wire-wound prestressed concrete tanks. Since 1930, Preload has been the leader in the design and construction of wire-wound prestressed concrete tank structures for water storage, wastewater treatment and storage, thermal energy storage and industrial uses. The Preload Team is a group of enthusiastic and energetic individuals who are dedicated to the safe construction of the highest quality storage tanks which offer the lowest cost of ownership and greatest durability of any other product available. We offer our team members a competitive wage based on experience and qualifications as well as an excellent benefit package which includes medical insurance, a 401(k) plan, and other benefits.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Drug testing is required.
“Preload, LLC supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V”